I was feeling a bit blue as the weather was starting to get a lot cooler. I also had a screaming desire to use the crockpot we received from my grandparents. So, what better to make than chili! It’s warm, has lots of ingredients and plenty of leftovers. And this time, I’m making sweet potato ground turkey chili.
The best part about preparing this meal was I happened to have all of the ingredients needed to make a perfect nutritional and balanced bowl of chilli.
Sweet Potato Ground Turkey ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 can of crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of garlic
- A dash of cumin
- A dash of cayenne pepper
- Sea salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Chilli powder
- Cook ground turkey in a large skillet.
- Cook beans according to directions (if uncooked).
- Dice sweet potato into cubes.
- Once meat and beans are fully cooked, add all ingredients to a crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on high heat for approximatelly 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and tender.