I was feeling a bit blue as the weather was starting to get a lot cooler. I also had a screaming desire to use the crockpot we received from my grandparents. So, what better to make than chilli! It’s warm, has lots of ingredients and plenty of leftovers. And this time, I’m making sweet potato ground turkey chilli.
The best part about preparing this meal was I happened to have all of the ingredients needed to make a perfect nutritional and balanced bowl of chilli.
Filling Sweet Potato Ground Turkey Chili
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 can black beans
- 1 can passata or crushed tomatoes (tomato puree with seeds removed)
- 2 cups chicken stock (chicken broth or chicken bouillon) - low-sodium
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1 dash cumin
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 dash Sea salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 dash chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- Cook ground turkey in a large skillet.
- Cook beans according to directions (if uncooked).
- Dice sweet potato into cubes.
- Once meat and beans are fully cooked, add all ingredients to a crockpot and mix well.
- Cook on high heat for approximatelly 4 hours or low for 6 to 8 hours, until sweet potatoes are fully cooked and tender.