I went grocery shopping today. Since the fridge is still not working 100%, I figured I pick up just enough meat to cook for dinner. It would also be great to eat the leftovers the next day. While in the meat aisle, I noticed the ground turkey was on sale, and suddenly the choice was a no brainer. I decided to make my special stuffed turkey meatloaf.
Now I have always loved making meatloaf. For me, it is one of the easiest dishes to prepare, and the right size can probably last at least three meals (depending on how much you eat.) That being said, this stuffed turkey meatloaf usually lasts dinner and a midnight snack for me in our house.
Satisfying Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
- 2 pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- ½ medium yellow onion - chopped
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon garlic - minced
- 1 medium egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes - crushed
- ½ cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix turkey, onions, coconut milk, minced garlic, egg, and dry ingredients.
- Put half the ground turkey mixture in a loaf pan. Put a layer of shredded cheese and cover with the remaining half.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until meat reaches internal temperature 160 degrees Fahrenheit.