This meatloaf with sweet potatoes recipe is easy and yummy! One of my daughter’s favourites.
The meat and sweet potatoes flavour each other beautifully! The sweet potatoes are savoury with a mild natural sweetness. The meatloaf takes on some of the sweetness, which mixes well with the delicious and saltiness of the meat.
Meatloaf With Sweet PotatoesPrint Recipe
- 3 to 4 medium to large organic raw sweet potatoes
- 2 pounds of ground beef
- 1/2 pound of Nitrate-free, MSG free-Italian sausage
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 eggs
- Several dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of blackstrap molasses
- 1 cup of bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- 1 cup of ketchup
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes.
- Layer bottom of slow cooker with the sweet potatoes.
- Add all ingredients except sweet potatoes and an optional 1/2 cup of ketchup on top in a large bowl. I like to mix mine by hand. But I make sure I remove rings and have everything in the bowl before mixing with hands, so I do not have to take them out until done mixing.
- Form meat into a loaf shape and place on top of sweet potatoes
- If desired, cover with ketchup. Place lid on slow cookers.
- Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, turn the slow cooker off.