This meatloaf with sweet potatoes recipe is easy and yummy! One of my daughter’s favourites.
The meat and sweet potatoes flavour each other beautifully! The sweet potatoes are savoury with a mild natural sweetness. The meatloaf takes on some of the sweetness, which mixes well with the delicious and saltiness of the meat.
Filling Meatloaf With Sweet Potatoes
This meatloaf with sweet potatoes is a good dish to serve during special dinners. Check out the very easy recipe here.
- 4 medium sweet potatoes - organic
- 2 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- ½ pound Italian sausage (American name for Pork Sausage with Fennel Seeds) - MSG free and nitrate-free
- 1 large yellow onion - diced
- 2 medium eggs
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons garlic - minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1 cup ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- Peel and cut sweet potatoes.
- Layer bottom of slow cooker with the sweet potatoes.
- Add all ingredients except sweet potatoes and an optional 1/2 cup of ketchup on top in a large bowl. I like to mix mine by hand. But I make sure I remove rings and have everything in the bowl before mixing with hands, so I do not have to take them out until done mixing.
- Form meat into a loaf shape and place on top of sweet potatoes
- If desired, cover with ketchup. Place lid on slow cookers.
- Cook on high for 5 to 6 hours or low for 7 to 8 hours.
- Thirty minutes before serving, turn the slow cooker off.
Calories: 429kcalCarbohydrates: 41gProtein: 26gFat: 18gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 109mgSodium: 598mgPotassium: 908mgFiber: 4gSugar: 17gVitamin A: 12997IUVitamin C: 5mgCalcium: 95mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.