I’m on the turkey kick lately. It’s lean, and it tastes great. This Smoky Tex-Mex Turkey Chili is an excellent Mexican recipe you’ll need on those lazy days. It’s the perfect comfort food to have when craving a hearty meal.
Smoky Tex-Mex Turkey ChiliPrint Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 package of extra lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon of ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 16-ounce can of kidney or pinto beans (drained and rinsed)
- 2 cans of salsa-style or regular stewed tomatoes
- 1 diced green bell pepper
- 3/4 cup of salsa
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Take a large saucepan and coat it liberally with cooking spray. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat five for minutes (stir occasionally).
- Place the extra lean ground turkey into the saucepan. Add the cumin, chilli powder, and salt (only add salt if wanted).
- Now cook the turkey as directed on the package. It’s safer to cook ground turkey to well done. Add the stewed tomatoes, diced green bell pepper, beans, and salsa.
- For the last steps, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the temperature and simmer in the saucepan (uncovered) for ten minutes (remember to stir occasionally).