I’m on the turkey kick lately. It’s lean, and it tastes great. This Smoky Tex-Mex Turkey Chili is an excellent Mexican recipe you’ll need on those lazy days. It’s the perfect comfort food to have when craving a hearty meal.
Smoky Tex-Mex Turkey Chili
- 1 medium onion - chopped
- 3 cloves garlic - minced
- 1 package ground turkey - extra lean
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 16 ounces red kidney beans - drained and rinsed
- 2 cans tomato - salsa-style stewed
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum) - diced
- ¾ cup salsa
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Take a large saucepan and coat it liberally with cooking spray. Add the chopped onions and minced garlic.
- Cook over medium heat five for minutes (stir occasionally).
- Place the extra lean ground turkey into the saucepan. Add the cumin, chilli powder, and salt (only add salt if wanted).
- Now cook the turkey as directed on the package. It’s safer to cook ground turkey to well done. Add the stewed tomatoes, diced green bell pepper, beans, and salsa.
- For the last steps, bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce the temperature and simmer in the saucepan (uncovered) for ten minutes (remember to stir occasionally).