Mexican food has always been a huge part of my life. One Mexican dish or another is regularly on our family’s menu, from enchiladas to burritos to tortilla soup to Ground Turkey Tacos. I’m so excited to share that I’ve found ingredients that fall within the anti-inflammatory dietary guidelines. This anti-inflammatory Ground Turkey Tacos version will surely be your family favorite!
Healthy Ground Turkey Tacos RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pack corn tortilla shells
- 1 pound organic ground turkey or chicken
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- 1 cup organic lettuce, washed & chopped
- 1 cup organic tomatoes, washed & chopped
- 1 whole avocado, peeled & chopped
- 1/4 cup organic green onions, washed & chopped
- 1/2 cup dairy-free cheddar or Mexican blend cheese
- 1/2 cup dairy-free sour cream
- 1 can organic refried beans (optional as a side dish or for the tacos)
1. Use a pan on the stove, and cook the organic, ground turkey or chicken according to the package instructions.
2. Once your meat is fully cooked, add in your taco seasoning. Please follow the directions on the packaging to get the best taste. I personally like McCormick Original Taco Seasoning, but you can use any kind of taco seasoning that you would like, as long as there are not any ingredients that will cause inflammation.
3. Once the taco meat is cooking, prepare the taco. If you like your taco shells warmed up, check the packaging instructions. Usually, the best time to warm up the shells is while you’re preparing the toppings. They should be done by the time your toppings are ready.
4. Now that all the hard work of preparing your ingredients is complete, you get to assemble your tacos. I start with 1 taco shell and add in 1 large spoonful of ground turkey or chicken. Next, add in about 2 teaspoons of dairy-free sour cream. After adding the sour cream, add a nice pinch of chopped lettuce. The next layer is a good layer of avocado and follow that up with a spoonful of chopped tomatoes. Then a light sprinkle of dairy-free cheese. And top tacos with a pinch of green onion. If you like a little extra kick in your tacos, add in some salsa or hot sauce.