Do not spare your taco indulgences with this less greasy alternative. This alternative turkey taco filling is a guiltless option when on a diet, but you still want to devour a good serving of tacos.
The Alternative Turkey Taco Filling
This alternative turkey taco filling is a good option to have when you are on a diet. This is tasty and healthy so you'll love every bite.
- 500 grams ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 1 medium red onion - chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes - chopped, juice drained and kept aside
- ½ teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 4 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - freshly crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- Mildly heat the olive oil, add garlic and onion.
- Once you get the aromas, add the spices–chilli, oregano, cumin and pepper.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and stir lightly.
- Finally, add the ground turkey, stir and cover, so the steam gives the meat moisture.
- After 5 to 7 minutes, add salt and taste. If the turkey is dry, you can add a few teaspoons of tomato juice at a time until you are happy with the moisture.
- Slather onto taco shells, and add avocado for a bit of indulgence.
Calories: 159kcalCarbohydrates: 6gProtein: 25gFat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gPolyunsaturated Fat: 1gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 55mgSodium: 524mgPotassium: 491mgFiber: 1gSugar: 3gVitamin A: 588IUVitamin C: 11mgCalcium: 25mgIron: 1mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.