When I started eating clean, I knew the only way to get my husband on board was to keep making our dinners yummy and creative. Oh, wait, scratch that. To keep me on board, we had to eat real food that was delicious, creative, and didn’t taste like aboard. This Turkey Taco Skillet was one of the first recipes I found that we loved because it was healthy and used one pot.
As I started eating cleaner, I decided to take this turkey taco skillet recipe, “clean” it up, and make it a little more 21 Day Fix “approved”. So here is my version of it!
Turkey Taco SkilletPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 pounds of ground turkey
- 1/2 medium onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic
- 1/4 cup of jalapeño slices
- 3 tablespoons of taco seasoning
- 16 ounces of salsa
- 1 1/2 cups of water
- 2 cups of instant brown rice
- Optional toppings: Greek yogurt, cheese, green onions, fresh tomatoes, avocado
- Brown the turkey and drain the excess fat.
- Add the onion, garlic, and jalapeños. Cook on medium-high, often stirring, for about 3 minutes or until onions are soft.
- Add taco seasoning, salsa, water, and rice. Reduce heat to medium, stirring regularly, until simmering.
- Let simmer covered for 4 to 5 minutes, stirring a few times. Turn heat down to medium-low and let sit for 5 to 10 minutes or until most liquid is gone.