If pasta was your favorite, then look no further! This Italian Bolognese Sauce will satisfy your cravings for that almighty Italian cuisine goodness! Firstly, you will want to put the onion, mushrooms, ground beef and butter into a saucepot. Let them cook down a bit (about 8 minutes). Then add the rest of the ingredients. Stir everything together well, then cover the pot and let simmer on low for 1–4 hours. The longer you simmer, the better it will taste! Keep checking it every so often and add extra broth or water if necessary. Serve this dish with cooked pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.
The Best Italian Bolognese SaucePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 cup mushrooms use a variety of different kinds, if possible.
- 2 cloves garlic thinly sliced
- 1 can (28-ounce) tomatoes
- 1/2 cup bone broth add more as necessary
- 1/2 tablespoon oregano dried
- 1/2 tablespoon sage dried
- 1/2 tablespoon thyme dried
- 1 cup basil fresh chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/2 tablespoon pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/2 cup red wine optional
- Parmesan cheese fresh grated
1. Combine ground beef, butter, onions, and mushrooms in a large saucepot. Let them cook down for about 8 minutes.
2. After the meat has been a bit browned and the onions and mushrooms are cooked down about half way. Add the rest of the ingredients into the pot.
3. Let it simmer for 1 hour uncovered, stirring continuously to speed up the process. Alternatively cover it and let it simmer for 2-4 hours. Add additional bone broth if the sauce gets too thick.
4. Serve with cooked pasta and freshly grated parmesan cheese.