Ground Turkey Taco Meal Prep BowlsPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey 93% lean
- 1 (10 ounces) can Rotel Original Diced Tomatoes & Green chilies no salt added
- 1 package low sodium taco seasoning
- 2 cups rice cooked
- 3/4 cups corn kernels fresh, canned (no salt added, drained), or frozen (thawed)
- 1 1/4 cup black beans if using canned, drained
1. In a medium-size skillet, cook ground turkey until cooked through. Add in the can of Rotel tomatoes (with juices) and taco seasoning. Cook for an additional 2 minutes. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine corn kernels and black beans. Set aside.
3. Arrange 4 plates, bowls, or food storage containers. In each, place 1/2 cup cooked rice, 1/2 cup of corn and bean mixture, and about 4 cherry tomatoes.
4. Top with additional toppings if desired. You can use sliced bell peppers, shredded lettuce, sliced jalapeno, reduced-fat shredded cheddar cheese, reduced-fat sour cream or non-fat plain Greek yogurt, salsa, or fresh cilantro.
5. Store in the refrigerator. It can last for 3-4 days.