Ground Turkey Taco SaladPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- Taco Seasoning
- 1/2 chopped sweet onion
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil (about 1 tablespoon for sautéing)
- 1 ounce pureed spinach (optional)
- 1 can of low sodium black beans
- 1 chopped bell pepper
- 2 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 chopped avocado
- 1 chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheese (optional: cheddar or Mexican mix)
- 4 Whole Wheat tortillas
- Sour cream & salsa for topping (optional)
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Place whole wheat tortillas in a loaf pan shaped like a shell. Bake at least for 15 minutes until desired crispiness.
3. Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add ground turkey, taco seasoning, and pureed spinach. Cook until all pink is gone (about 10-15 minutes).
4. Add black beans and red pepper, mix and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
5. In a separate bowl, add salad toppings (lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, etc.), then add taco meat. It should be about a 50/50 ratio to salad toppings and meat (or less). Save extra meat for leftovers.
6. Fill taco shells and top with sour cream and salsa. Serve and enjoy!