Ground Turkey Taco Salad
This Ground Turkey Taco Salad is so good and incredibly filling. The turkey has so much flavor minus all the sodium and is easy to throw together.
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 pack taco seasoning
- ½ medium sweet onion - chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil - extra virgin, for sautéing
- 1 ounce spinach - pureed, optional
- 1 can black beans - low sodium
- 1 medium red pepper (red capsicum) - chopped
- 2 cups Romaine lettuce - chopped
- 1 medium avocado - chopped
- 1 medium tomato - chopped
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese - shredded. Optional: cheddar or Mexican mix
- 4 rounds tortillas - Whole Wheat
- 1 small jar sour cream - for topping, optional
- 1 small jar salsa - for topping, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place whole wheat tortillas in a loaf pan shaped like a shell. Bake at least for 15 minutes until desired crispiness.
- Sauté onion in olive oil until translucent. Add ground turkey, taco seasoning, and pureed spinach. Cook until all pink is gone (about 10-15 minutes).
- Add black beans and red pepper, mix and simmer for another 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, add salad toppings (lettuce, tomato, avocado, cheese, etc.), then add taco meat. It should be about a 50/50 ratio to salad toppings and meat (or less). Save extra meat for leftovers.
- Fill taco shells and top with sour cream and salsa. Serve and enjoy!
Calories: 402kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 36gFat: 16gSaturated Fat: 4gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 70mgSodium: 837mgPotassium: 1090mgFiber: 13gSugar: 6gVitamin A: 4899IUVitamin C: 56mgCalcium: 106mgIron: 4mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!