Get ready, folks, for my Healthy Jalapeño-Lime Tacos Recipe! I LOVE Taco. There are so many different ways to make tacos—beef, pork, carnitas, fish—and with all the different toppings you can add, you can have a different style for every day of the week! Plus, you have an excuse to drink a bunch of margaritas with them, like you really need an excuse to drink on a Tuesday.
Here’s a recipe for healthy jalapeño-lime tacos recipe made with ground turkey. They’re lite, healthy, and packed with flavor with just the right amount of kick. In this recipe, I decided to avoid topping them with all the cheese and sour cream and went with a fresh homemade pico de gallo. What I’m lacking in calories from the toppings, I’m sure I’ll be making up for with Cerveza! But feel free to go nuts with your favorite toppings.
Let us know how you like to eat your tacos and what you decide to top yours with! Enjoy!
Healthy Jalapeño-Lime Tacos RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 jalapeño peppers, diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Juice from 1 small lime
- chopped lettuce, for garnish
- chopped tomato, for garnish
- Pinch of cheese, for garnish
- Favorite tortillas to wrap them in
1. Saute ground turkey in a large skillet until brown.
2. Add Worcestershire, garlic, jalapeños, cumin, cayenne, red pepper, salt, pepper, and lime juice and lower heat to simmer for another 5-10 minutes.
3. Remove from heat and assemble with your favorite tortillas/toppings.
4. Top with a handful of chopped lettuce, tomato, and cotija. Serve and enjoy!