Who doesn’t love a good burrito? Mexican food is delicious, but it is often quite costly for your daily intake of total calories and macronutrients. We wanted to enjoy a delicious burrito with all the flavour but not high-calorie content, so we came up with this quick and easy Healthy Turkey-Stuffed Burrito recipe, so we didn’t have to hit the drive-thrus!
This was quick to make because we already had a container of turkey cooked (with just garlic powder) and stored in a container – all we had to do was heat it and added some taco seasoning.
Healthy Turkey-Stuffed Burrito
- 3 ounces ground turkey (minced turkey) - lean
- 50 grams avocado
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese - fat-free
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- ⅛ cup Greek yogurt - non-fat
- 1 dash green onions (scallions or green shallots)
- Cook turkey with taco seasoning (in advance if you cook in bulk makes it easier), then place items in a tortilla and serve with hot sauce of your choice!