We had to do taco Tuesday at some point and tonight seems like the perfect night! I have made one of the easiest and healthiest recipes for taco meat that I wanted to share with everyone.
You might have more of these ingredients on hand than you thought. All you need is ground turkey, homemade taco seasoning, salsa and black beans. That’s seriously it! I like to eat the taco meat either by itself or in a lettuce wrap with some broccoli. My husband can’t get away from the tortillas he loves so much!
Another delicious side is homemade Spanish rice, which is also very easy to make with simple items you most likely already have in your pantry.
Enjoy Taco Tuesday with your family!
Tasty Taco Tuesday Recipe
- ½ small onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can black beans
- 1 cup of water
- ¼ cup taco seasoning
- Cook the onion and garlic over medium heat for about 3 minutes.
- Cook the ground turkey/chicken with the vegetables until it is no longer pink.
- Add the black beans.
- Add the water and homemade taco seasoning to taste.
- Cook over a low simmer and covered for about 15 to 20 minutes, then serve.