I once prepared baked rigatoni pasta for my friends last weekend, and they loved its taste, so I decided to share this lovely recipe with all of you, especially those who have the ultimate love for pasta and a great passion for baking. Though I’m not sure if all of us love pasta, as a food lover, I would like to share this recipe that once helped me spread my love to other people.
Even if this baked rigatoni pasta took a lot of time for me to perfect its taste, I never got tired but instead tried it again until I got the flavour I wanted. See below for the list of complete ingredients and procedures. I also included some pictures that might help you with your preparation.
Baked Rigatoni RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 pound of rigatoni
- 1/2 pound of ground turkey
- 1/4 cup of well-chopped fresh basil
- 1 cup of grated cheese
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup of red wine
- 1 cup of grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground black pepper
- 1/2 pound of cauliflower
- 5 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 1 quart of marinara sauce
- 1/4 cup of cream
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 small red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare a large pot with enough water, oil, salt and boil. Grease a 9×15 pan with butter. Set aside.
- In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion and turkey; cook it until it turns brown. Then add the garlic and cook for about 2 minutes or so. Drain the excess fat, add the red wine into the pan, and let it boil until the boil becomes lesser. Add the marinara sauce, then simmer. Reduce heat to low and add the cream and basil. Heat the sauce, season with pepper and salt, then taste. Remove it from the heat.
- If you see that your water is already boiling, cook the rigatoni for about 10 minutes until al dente. Next, use a slotted spoon to drain the pasta, leave the water in the pot and transfer the pasta to a large bowl. Put the water back to a boil, then add the cauliflower. Cook it until tender for about a minute or so. After that, drain it add to the pasta.
- Add the tomatoes, tomato sauce, and mozzarella cheese to rigatoni pasta and cauliflower. Mix it well before transferring the mixture to a buttered dish. Lastly, top the pasta with parmesan cheese.
- Bake the rigatoni for about 30 minutes until the cheese is melted. Let the pasta cool for 10 minutes before serving.