This Rigatoni Pasta With Minced Lamb and Beef is a recipe from my mom. It’s a well-kept recipe that we only cook during the holidays. And this is perfect for this season. Check out the very easy recipe here.
Rigatoni Pasta With Minced Lamb and BeefPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of lean minced lamb meat
- 1 pound of boneless minced beef short rib
- 2 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/2 tablespoon of black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon of crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of diced yellow onion
- 1 cup of diced carrots
- 1 cup diced celery
- 1/4 cup of shaved garlic
- 1/2 cup of tomato paste
- 1 bottle of Montepulciano d’ Abruzzo red wine
- 3 cups of water
- 4 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup of Mascarpone cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Season meat with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, then bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes until dark brown colour.
- Sauté on olive oil onion, carrots, celery and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Deglaze vegetables with red wine and add meat, thyme leaves, bay leaves and water.
- Braise at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes; adding water is needed.
- Once the meat is fork-tender and sauce is hearty in flavour, add mascarpone cheese and discard thyme stems and bay leaves.
- Rest sauce for at least 20 minutes before serving and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss 2 cups of sauce and meat into 8 ounces of cooked rigatoni pasta and add Parmesan cheese to taste with a lite sprinkle of chopped fresh Italian parsley.