This Rigatoni Pasta With Minced Lamb and Beef is a recipe from my mom. It’s a well-kept recipe that we only cook during the holidays. And this is perfect for this season. Check out the very easy recipe here.
Special Rigatoni Pasta With Minced Lamb and Beef
Looking for new recipes to try these holidays? Try this rigatoni pasta with minced lamb and beef that I know you'll love.
- 1 pound ground lamb (minced lamb) - lean
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - short rib
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 2 tablespoons salt
- ½ tablespoon ground black pepper
- ½ tablespoon red pepper flakes - crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup yellow onion - diced
- 1 cup carrots - diced
- 1 cup celery stalks - diced
- ¼ cup garlic - shaved
- ½ cup tomato paste
- 1 bottle red wine
- 3 cups water
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Season meat with salt, pepper, and crushed red pepper, then bake at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 15 minutes until dark brown colour.
- Sauté on olive oil onion, carrots, celery and garlic until thoroughly cooked.
- Deglaze vegetables with red wine and add meat, thyme leaves, bay leaves and water.
- Braise at 375 degrees Fahrenheit for 30 minutes; adding water is needed.
- Once the meat is fork-tender and sauce is hearty in flavour, add mascarpone cheese and discard thyme stems and bay leaves.
- Rest sauce for at least 20 minutes before serving and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss 2 cups of sauce and meat into 8 ounces of cooked rigatoni pasta and add Parmesan cheese to taste with a lite sprinkle of chopped fresh Italian parsley.
Calories: 472kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 23gFat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0.4gCholesterol: 92mgSodium: 1996mgPotassium: 740mgFiber: 2gSugar: 4gVitamin A: 3344IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 80mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!