I love stuffed peppers. I think they are the tastiest things I can easily make at home. And as much as I can, I explore different pepper recipes like this Scrumptious Pork and Bacon Sausage Stuffed Peppers I’ll share today.
Scrumptious Pork and Bacon Sausage Stuffed PeppersPrint Recipe
- 3 or 4 large peppers (red or green)
- 1 package of bacon sausage
- 1 cup of ground pork
- ½ cup of chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1/3 cup of uncooked rice
- ½ cup of beef broth
- 1 bottle of spaghetti sauce
- 1 teaspoon of oregano
- Salt and pepper to taste
- About a cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Saute 1 package of bacon sausage (4 links), out of the casing, with the pork, chopped onion and garlic until the bacon is booked and the onions are soft. Then add the rest of the ingredients and stir (except for the cheese). Cover and simmer for about 20 minutes until the rice is soft. Add more beef broth if you need more liquid.
- While cooking, cut the tops off three or four peppers and de-seed. Toss into a large pot of boiling water for less than five minutes (until cooked but not mushy). Then cut them in half and put them skin side down in a casserole dish to line the bottom.
- When the rice is done in your bacon sausage filling, stir in ½ cup of shredded cheddar, then spoon the filling over all the peppers in the casserole. Top with the rest of the shredded cheddar. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 20 to 30 minutes until the cheese is melted, and serve. Your family will never stop thanking you.