I don’t know about you, but my kids absolutely love lasagne. Don’t get me wrong; I do too. However, I find it a nightmare to make as it is almost as if you are making two dishes. But recently, I have been making this creamy bacon and mushroom lasagne as it is an awful lot easier and quicker to make. My children actually prefer it to the traditional version.
Easy Bacon and Mushroom LasagnePrint Recipe
- 250 grams of bacon
- 200 grams of ground beef
- 2 shallots
- 250 grams of chestnut mushrooms
- 50 grams of butter
- 50 grams of plain flour
- 500 ml of milk
- 50 grams of Parmesan cheese
- 50 grams of Emmental cheese
- 6 pre-cooked lasagne sheets
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
- Finely chop the shallots, cut the bacon into strips, and fry in olive oil until softened. Add the beef and cook until browned.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft.
- Place half of these ingredients into a lasagne dish and place 3 of the lasagne sheets on top and set aside.
- Grate the cheeses and mix together, adding a small sprinkling on top of the onions, mushrooms and bacon.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour and stir in the milk whisking the whole time until the sauce thickens
- Poor half the sauce on top, then begin again with the onions, mushrooms and bacon, mixed cheeses, and final lasagne sheets.
- Place the remaining sauce on top of the lasagne sheets, and sprinkle the top with the remaining cheeses.
- Cook the lasagne for 30 to 35 minutes or until golden brown and bubbling.