This Delicious Lamb and Pumpkin Lasagne is another great lasagne recipe for you to try! A great flavour combination of lamb and rosemary together with the sweetness of the pumpkin and salty feta, this recipe is really delicious.
Delicious Lamb and Pumpkin LasagnePrint Recipe
- 750 grams of lamb mince
- 1 large onion
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 2 tins of diced tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
- 1/2 teaspoon of chilli flakes
- 1/2 butternut pumpkin
- 2 courgettes
- 1 punnet of cherry tomatoes
- 60 grams of goat's feta
- 30 grams of Parmesan
- Salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees. Slice pumpkin as thinly as possible, about 1/2 to 1-centimetre thick, leaving the skin on. Season both sides with salt/pepper, spray (or brush) with olive oil, and lay out on two oven trays covered in baking paper. Cook in the oven for 20 mins.
- While the pumpkin is cooking, prepare the meat sauce. Finely chop the onion, and crush the garlic. Heat a large saucepan and sauté onion in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft; add mince and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the rosemary, garlic, tinned tomatoes and chilli flakes, and a good amount of salt and pepper (more salt). Leave to simmer for 10 mins.
- Taste the sauce mix, and add more salt/pepper and rosemary to taste. Leave to simmer for another 10 to 15 minutes until the sauce has reduced.
- Remove the pumpkin from the oven. Thinly slice courgette lengthways into long strips. In an oven dish, layer alternating pumpkin/courgette and lamb mince, starting with lamb on the bottom. With each pumpkin layer, add a goat’s cheese sprinkle. Top with halved cherry tomatoes, feta and Parmesan.
- Cook for 30 to 40 minutes at 180 degrees, or until golden brown. Enjoy!