Today we are stepping off the DIY train and doing some cooking. I made this recipe the other week when I had leftover ground pork and wanted enchiladas but had no tortillas. The enchilada pie was then born! This recipe starts with cornbread. I use the recipe on the back of the cornmeal I get, and it’s always worked well for me.
Enchilada PiePrint Recipe
- 1 batch of your favourite cornbread
- 2 cups of minced pork
- 2 cups of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups of plain Greek yogurt or sour cream
- 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can of green chiles
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix the batter of your favourite cornbread recipe according to its directions.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It needs to be done but not super done.
- Place meat evenly on top of baked cornbread.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top of that.
- Mix together yogurt, cheese and green chiles.
- Spread creamy mixture on top of the sauce and meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat it all up because it’s so delicious!