Today we are stepping off the DIY train and doing some cooking. I made this recipe the other week when I had leftover ground pork and wanted enchiladas but had no tortillas. The enchilada pie was then born! This recipe starts with cornbread. I use the recipe on the back of the cornmeal I get, and it’s always worked well for me.
Appetizing Enchilada Pie
This enchilada pie is one-of-a-kind. This snack is very filling so you won't need anything else when munching on this!
- 2 cups ground pork (minced pork)
- 2 cups Greek yogurt - plain
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
- 1 can green chilis (green chilli in British English)
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix the batter of your favourite cornbread recipe according to its directions.
- Pour into a 9×13 pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes. It needs to be done but not super done.
- Place meat evenly on top of baked cornbread.
- Pour enchilada sauce over top of that.
- Mix together yogurt, cheese and green chiles.
- Spread creamy mixture on top of the sauce and meat.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Eat it all up because it’s so delicious!
Calories: 361kcalCarbohydrates: 13gProtein: 25gFat: 23gSaturated Fat: 10gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0.003gCholesterol: 76mgSodium: 1051mgPotassium: 324mgFiber: 3gSugar: 9gVitamin A: 730IUVitamin C: 8mgCalcium: 218mgIron: 1mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!