This is a dish I’ve seen all of my life. My mom made Easy Enchiladas for us, and it has been a staple in our lives. I now classify these Easy Enchiladas as comfort food since it’s been around for so long. It’s a super-easy way to make enchiladas. It involves no stuffing and rolling of tortillas, which always manage to tear for me when I attempt to roll.
For tonight, I was looking for a quick recipe to throw together. Some nights I don’t want to follow a recipe or chop or gather too many ingredients. Tonight was one of those nights. I’ve never timed this before, so I wasn’t sure how long it would take. I was pleasantly surprised that it took just over thirty minutes from start to finish. Not bad.
30-Minute Easy EnchiladasPrint Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey (can use ground beef or chicken)
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 cans 10-ounce enchilada sauce
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- Cooking spray
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Prepare three pie pans with cooking spray and a splash of the enchilada sauce on the bottom to prevent sticking.
3. Cook ground turkey in a pan over medium-high heat until browned. Drain and return to the pan. Add enchilada sauce and stir to combine.
4. Assemble enchiladas by layering one corn tortilla, sauce/meat mixture, and cheese. Repeat for three layers. For the top layer, make sure sauce covers tortillas and covers with cheese.
5. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes.