This Brazilian-Style Beef Stroganoff With Creamy Rice is a traditional Brazilian recipe (just a little healthier) that reminds me of my childhood. This recipe can also be served over gluten-free pasta, but it is traditionally served over white rice in Brazil. You may also replace the beef with chicken or firm tofu for a vegetarian option.
Brazilian-Style Beef Stroganoff With Creamy RicePrint Recipe
- 500 grams of ground beef
- Olive oil
- Cumin, optional
- 1/2 of a small Spanish onion, cut into small pieces
- 4 cloves of garlic
- Organic white rice
- 18% cream
- 2 cups of rice milk
- 2 teaspoons of cornstarch
- If possible, one hour ahead of time, cut the meat and mix paprika and cumin with olive oil, salt and pepper and let it rest. Saute garlic and onions in a hot pan, add the beef and cook it until medium-rare. When meat is properly cooked, add rice milk, extra paprika and bring to a boil.
- Mix cornstarch with rice milk in a separate container and stir well to avoid clumps. When the mixture in the pan is boiling, add cornstarch mix and stir constantly. You will need to let it come to a boil again to make sure the corn starch is appropriately cooked. The mixture will start to thicken.
- Adjust your seasoning and add the cream before serving. I like to add some cream to the rice as well, along with some salt. Pour the stroganoff over the rice before serving, and enjoy!