I love making spicy chili, even on sunny days. It’s so easy to make and generates enough leftovers for a couple of days. I make chili with two types of beans: organic ground turkey or grass-fed ground beef and fresh vegetables. I don’t use any canned tomatoes.
What I love about this healthy recipe is that I can guarantee the freshness of the ingredients in my food. Also, I don’t have to worry about inorganic or unhealthy stuff that might ruin my diet since I want to monitor what my body takes in. Below is the must-try recipe.
Spicy Turkey Chili With Fresh Vegetables
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey) - organic
- 5 medium beefsteak tomatoes - organic
- 1 medium yellow onion
- 1 medium green pepper (green capsicum)
- 2 cans red chili (red chilli in British English) - BPA-free organic
- 1 packet chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English) - organic
- 1 dash sea salt - ground
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- Season the ground turkey with salt and pepper and cook the ground meat in a pan with water.
- Chop the green pepper, onion, and tomatoes and place them in a large pot.
- Cook the vegetables on medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the meat and seasoning and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the beans and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Add the chocolate square and let it melt.
- Mix well.
- Remove the pot from heat. You can eat the chili now or let the flavors mix together with the lid on for another 10 to 15 minutes.