Healthy Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs. Hello Everyone! As I am writing this morning, I am drinking Berres Bros. cranberry cream coffee and listening to the thunder outside, both of which make me very happy. I was skeptical about the coffee flavor at first, but I mixed it with some vanilla almond milk, and it was wonderful! And as for the thunder, I’m a sucker for a good storm! I’m hoping for a doozy!
This morning I began my day with a breakfast of plain Greek yogurt sweetened with stevia, topped with some cantaloupe and gluten-free cereal. Simple, easy, and oh so yummy. About an hour later, I went out to tackle my run. I started off really strong, but I was dragging towards the end, so I only ended up getting just over 4 miles. I also found this on my run, lying on the sidewalk.
I think someone is going to need a new bike!
Today what I want to share with you is a really easy recipe for Healthy Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs that I made on Sunday. Meatballs tend to have a reputation for being heavy and not so good for you. This Healthy Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs recipe is actually really good for you, tastes good, and is completely gluten-free!
We served them up in a marinara sauce along with whole wheat pasta and brown rice pasta (for me). Nothing like a good old-fashioned meal of spaghetti and meatballs! And you don’t have to feel guilty about this one.
Healthy Gluten-Free Turkey Meatballs
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder - or 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 cup mixed herbs (usually Thyme, Marjoram, Oregano, Parsley, Sage, Basil) - about 1/4 cup chopped
- 1 medium egg white
- ½ teaspoon salt - to taste
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450°F. Grease 2 sheet pans.
- Mix all of the ingredients together in one bowl. The easiest way is with your hands. Don’t be afraid to get a little dirty.
- Roll the meatballs into 1-inch balls and place them onto the greased sheet pans. Just don’t overcrowd them. At this point, you can cover and refrigerate them until you need them.
- Bake for about 20 minutes until cooked through. If you like them crispy on the outside, you can broil them for a couple of minutes until browned.
- If you are serving them in a sauce, add them in now. Hope you all enjoy it!