I think the word “comfort” food insinuates high-carbohydrate, high-fat, calorie-dense foods, but it doesn’t need to be that way. They can be healthy and hearty, without being too heavy, So I’ve got one for you to try! I have a delicious, low carb ground turkey chili recipe I want you to try.
What makes this chili recipe low carb is there are no beans, just a lot of lighter veggies. So, if you’re looking for a lower-carbohydrate meal, this is a perfect option. And if you want, you can add a complex carb like rice or quinoa; that would be a great option. The last time I made this low carb ground turkey chili recipe, we topped it with a few tortilla chips for a bit of crunch, and it was amazing!
Slow Cooker Low Carb Ground Turkey Chili RecipePrint Recipe
- 1 cup of carrots, diced
- 1 cup of celery, diced
- 1 cup of onion, diced
- 2 1/2 cups of butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup of tomato sauce
- 1 can of Fire Roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon of paprika
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 1/2 cup of hot sauce
- 1 pound of ground turkey
- Dice carrots, celery, onion and butternut squash and put into the slow cooker.
- Add the tomato sauce, diced tomatoes and all the spices, then stir together. Then add the raw ground turkey and mix it all together.
- Set the slow cooker to cook for 6 or 8 hours (I’ve done both times, and both turn out great).