I have been addicted to these little Bacon and Bleu Turkey Sliders ever since my husband prepared them for me. Last weekend, I gave it a try, which turned out really good. And today, I’m sharing the recipe with you.
Bacon and Bleu Turkey SlidersPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground white meat turkey
- 6 strips of turkey bacon
- 4 ounces of blue cheese, cut into pieces
- 6 whole wheat dinner rolls
- 4 tablespoons of grated onion
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 2 teaspoons of black pepper
- 1 teaspoon of chilli powder (optional)
- Sliced tomato
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Combine the raw ground turkey with the garlic powder, salt, black pepper, and chilli powder in a large bowl. Using a micro-plane or cheese grater, grate the onion into the mixture (will also give you a good amount of onion juice, this is good and why you want to do it over the bowl).
- Mix with your hands (but do not over-mix) and form into 6 small patties. Wrap each patty with a piece of turkey bacon.
- Place the patties seam side down (where the bacon piece ends meet) and cook for 5 minutes on the first side. Flip and cook the patty for an additional 5 minutes on the second side (or until the burgers are cooked through).
- Flip the burgers again and top with bleu (or goat) cheese pieces. Cook the burgers for 2 to 3 minutes more or until the cheese is soft and starting to melt.
- Place slider burgers onto the buns and top with lettuce and tomato and other toppings that you like.