After a big lunch on Sunday afternoon, I didn’t feel like making a big meal for dinner. Watching movies and popcorn just changes the mood for me. So I had to come up with something quick, simple, and rather easy on the stomach. I love tortillas, and with all the tortilla recipes I have, this Beef and Veggie Burrito recipe is always my go-to meal option when I’m not in a cooking mood.
The Best Beef and Veggie Burrito
This Beef and Veggie Burrito recipe is always my go-to meal option when I’m not in a cooking mood.
TO MAKE THE BURRITO:
- 1.5 pounds ground beef (minced beef)
- ¾ large carrots - chopped
- 1 large onion - sliced
- 1 large green pepper - chopped
- 1 large red pepper - chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes - or grape tomatoes cut in halves
- 6 large flour tortillas
- 1 ½ tablespoons Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon red pepper (red capsicum)
- 1 ½ cups cheddar cheese - grated
TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine - or balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons garlic - minced
- 2 teaspoons ginger - minced
- Heat your pan and spray with some vegetable oil, about 1.5 tablespoons for this recipe or as much/as little as you prefer. Cook ground beef until well browned and no longer pink, seasoning with the black pepper, red pepper and seasoned salt.
- Add chopped carrots, peppers, sliced onions, and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Add halved tomatoes and cook for about half a minute.
- Mix all ingredients for the sauce and set aside
- Warm the tortilla wraps in a grill or microwave or in a pan on low heat
- Serve hot, taking a scoop or two of the beef mixture and placing it on one side of the wrap. Add a tablespoon or so of the corn. Sprinkle some cheese, pour some sauce over the mixture, wrap it.
- You can substitute white wine/balsamic vinegar with rice wine vinegar
- Instead of making the sauce, you can buy some ready-made salsa from the store. It works great as well
- You could add a tablespoon of sour cream to the wrap if you love sour cream. It is, of course, delicious.
Calories: 497kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 33gFat: 28gSaturated Fat: 12gPolyunsaturated Fat: 4gMonounsaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 1gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 1203mgPotassium: 642mgFiber: 3gSugar: 7gVitamin A: 2087IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 280mgIron: 4mg
Have you tried this recipe?Please leave a rating and comment.