After a big lunch on Sunday afternoon, I didn’t feel like making a big meal for dinner. Watching movies and popcorn just changes the mood for me. So I had to come up with something quick, simple, and rather easy on the stomach. I love tortillas, and with all the tortilla recipes I have, this Beef and Veggie Burrito recipe is always my go-to meal option when I’m not in a cooking mood.
The Best Beef and Veggie BurritoPrint Recipe
- TO MAKE THE BURRITO:
- 1.5 pounds ground beef
- 3/4 large carrots chopped
- 1 large onion sliced
- 1 large green pepper chopped
- 1 large red pepper chopped
- 1 cup cherry/grape tomatoes cut in halves
- Vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1.5 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper
- sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- TO MAKE THE SAUCE:
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1.5 tablespoons white wine/ balsamic vinegar
- 1.5 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 teaspoons minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons minced ginger
1. Heat your pan and spray with some vegetable oil, about 1.5 tablespoons for this recipe or as much/as little as you prefer. Cook ground beef until well browned and no longer pink, seasoning with the black pepper, red pepper and seasoned salt.
2. Add chopped carrots, peppers, sliced onions, and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Add halved tomatoes and cook for about half a minute.
4. Mix all ingredients for the sauce and set aside
5. Warm the tortilla wraps in a grill or microwave or in a pan on low heat
6. Serve hot, taking a scoop or two of the beef mixture and placing it on one side of the wrap. Add a tablespoon or so of the corn. Sprinkle some cheese, pour some sauce over the mixture, wrap it.
- You can substitute white wine/balsamic vinegar with rice wine vinegar
- Instead of making the sauce, you can buy some ready-made salsa from the store. It works great as well
- You could add a tablespoon of sour cream to the wrap if you love sour cream. It is, of course, delicious.