A couple of weeks ago, I turned over a pound of ground turkey into ten tasty little Guacamole Turkey Sliders! Is it just me, or do you not get that gross feeling after eating 3 to 4 sliders as opposed to eating one giant burger (even if it equates to the same amount of meat)? It’s all in my head, and I’ll continue to let that thought live there!
Since you can’t purchase burger buns in 2-packs, mini burgs are definitely the way to go – especially when you’re only feeding two. To make these babies even more irresistible, a big dollop of guacamole does the trick by adding a refreshing zing to the sliders. My sister introduced me to a hot sauce with the perfect balance of sweet and heat: Valentina Salsa Picante in Extra Hot. It takes the guacamole to the next level, and I can’t get enough of it. Try these Guacamole Turkey Sliders and experience the goodness of these little delights.
Filling Guacamole Turkey Sliders
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 medium egg
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 stalk green onions (scallions or green shallots) - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 grinds Himalayan salt (pink salt)
- 5 slices pepper jack cheese
- 2 small avocados
- 3 tablespoons red onion - minced
- ½ small tomato - minced
- ¼ cup cilantro - minced
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 grinds Himalayan salt (pink salt)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ medium lemon juice
- 1 pinch sugar
- Combine ground turkey, egg, breadcrumbs, green onions, and seasoning in a medium bowl. Mix well, but avoid over-mixing. Form into 10 small turkey burgers (slightly larger than a golf ball), flatten and place a piece of pepper jack cheese in the middle, and roll back up into a burger. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Heat olive oil in a grill pan over medium-high heat. Cook burgers for about 4 minutes on each side. Set aside.
- Combine avocados, red onion, tomato, cilantro, hot sauce, salt, garlic powder, lemon, and sugar for the guacamole. Smash with a fork until smooth, a little less if you prefer chunky. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Assemble and accompany with your favourite condiments (lettuce, tomato, pickles, ketchup, mustard).