These Asian-style turkey lettuce cups are so perfect when you’re on a keto diet. This snack has low carbohydrate content, making it an ideal meal when you want something filling and nutritious. Check out the easy recipe below.
Delightful Asian-Style Turkey Lettuce Cups
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red onion - chopped
- 8 cloves garlic - minced and separated
- 2 tablespoons ginger - grated
- 3 pounds ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1 cup cilantro (coriander) - chopped
- 1 head iceberg lettuce - washed and separated into individual leaves
- In a large saucepan, saute onion in olive oil for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in 1/2 of minced garlic and all grated ginger; saute for another minute.
- Add in ground turkey and stir with a spatula to break up chunks.
- After about 8 minutes of cooking, when the turkey is crumbled and mostly cooked, add in the remaining minced garlic, coconut amino, pepper flakes, and ginger juice and fish sauce if using.
- Continue to cook until the turkey is no longer pink and cooked through. Toss in cilantro and serve with lettuce leaves.