I recently discovered my love for a meatball sub. It’s just way too good for me. It’s so easy because I never run out of meatballs at home, so making a sandwich out of it is just a no-brainer for me. Here is a simple recipe you can try at home. I’m sure your family will love it as much as mine does.
Homemade Meatball SubPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1/2 cup of bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup of minced onion
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/8 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 cups of marinara sauce
- 4 ounces of fontina cheese (or mozzarella, or even provolone)
- Your favourite bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a bowl, combine egg, bread crumbs, water, onion, salt and pepper and combine. Add ground beef, break into chunks, and mush with your hands to combine. Form into meatballs about 1-inch in diameter and place on a broiler pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes until meatballs are no longer pink in the centre.
- Remove meatballs from the oven.
- Place meatballs in an 8-inch square baking dish and top with the marinara and cheese. Bake until the cheese has melted, for about 10 minutes.
- Serve on the bread (either open-faced or sandwiched).