This spicy burrito bowl is a super healthy, flexible meal to make the whole family happy. This recipe is gluten-free and has dairy-free, vegetarian, and even vegan options. It’s perfect for any kind of diet you are in.
Spicy Burrito BowlPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground beef
- 1 cup of rice, cooked
- 8 ounces of fresh salsa
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 16-ounce can of black beans, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon of chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon of chipotle chilli powder
- 1/2 tablespoon of cayenne
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 8-12 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 cup of lettuce, chopped
- 1 small can/jar of black olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons of sour cream
- Hot sauce
- Start with the rice–cook according to package instructions. Meanwhile, saute the beef for 4 to 6 minutes.
- In an oiled pan on medium-high heat, combine red pepper, onion, chilli powder, cayenne, oregano, and chipotle chilli powder (because of the heat level, I would suggest something like coconut or grapeseed oil. However, a pinch of olive oil will do—keep the temperature under its smoke point). Cook approximately 5 to 7 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Ensure all your toppings are chopped, and now you can begin the build! There isn’t a wrong way to combine all of the ingredients, though I find it an excellent presentation if the rice is the base to build on. You could also combine all ingredients into a large bowl, mix, and refrigerate until needed. Do what works best for you!