This healthy Asian Ground Turkey and Pine Nut Lettuce Wraps is an Asian-inspired recipe for the whole family.
The best lettuce for wraps
Do you love wraps? They are a delicious and healthy way to enjoy your food. There are many different types of lettuce that you can use for wraps, but some are better than others.
There are many different types of lettuce that you can choose from, but not all of them are created equal. Some lettuce is too fragile and will tear easily, while others may be too crunchy and difficult to bite into. The best lettuce for wraps is a variety that is somewhere in between. It should be sturdy enough to hold together, but not so tough that it is difficult to eat.
1. Romaine lettuce is the best type of lettuce for wraps because it’s sturdy and doesn’t break easily
2. Iceberg lettuce is a good option if you want a softer wrap (we use iceberg lettuce in this recipe)
3. Collard greens, cabbage, and Swiss chard are all great leafy greens to use for wraps
4. Be sure to wash your lettuce leaves thoroughly before using them
Asian Ground Turkey and Pine Nut Lettuce WrapsPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 red or yellow pepper, cut in ½ inch diced
- 1 small-medium onion, cut in ½ inch diced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1 head iceberg lettuce (remove the core and separate leaves)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon sherry
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon light vinegar, such as rice or white wine
1. Heat the oil in a heavy skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
2. Add the onion and peppers to the pan, and cook, while stirring for 3 minutes.
3. Add the ground turkey. Cook for another 10 minutes while stirring and breaking up the meat.
4. For the Sauce. Dissolve cornstarch into sherry, and add soy sauce, barbecue sauce and light vinegar. Stir the sauce, and cook for 2 minutes.
5. Stir in the pine nuts, and remove from the heat.
6. Garnish with chopped cilantro and serve with the lettuce leaves at the table for wrapping. Serve and enjoy!