We did some back-to-school shopping last weekend and ended up getting home right at dinnertime. I thought we could eat leftovers from the fridge. Then I started figuring out old they were, and I realized that they had lived in the fridge past my limit for being edible. And then I thought of whipping up this creamy ground beef stroganoff recipe that I love.
I had one hungry little girl on my hands and nothing ready for dinner! I decided to make the new go-to meal for our family. I came up with the recipe out of necessity a while back, but we like it! This ground beef stroganoff recipe makes enough for the three of us to have dinner with one or two lunch-portion leftovers left over.
Creamy Ground Beef Stroganoff Recipe
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef)
- 4 ounces mushrooms - sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter - light
- 1 ounce cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Cook rotini noodles according to package directions. Be careful not to overcook. Drain and rinse.
- While the noodles are cooking, brown the ground beef with the mushrooms. Drain.
- Keep the beef/mushrooms in the pan, and add soup and cream cheese. Heat through.
- After draining the noodles, begin adding them to your beef mixture. Depending on how saucy you want your dishes, you can add as many or as few noodles as you’d like.
- Season with pepper to taste.