This Restaurant-Style Pork Fried Rice is a relatively easy recipe, and it works in bulk too.
Now, there are two ways to make this Asian dish. The first is more time-consuming but will help you achieve a flavour closer to that of the restaurants. The second is an abridged version for convenience, but we’ll do the first one in this recipe.
Restaurant-Style Pork Fried RicePrint Recipe
- 2 cups of white rice
- 3 1/2 cups of water
- 1/2 cup of ground pork
- 1 white or yellow onion
- 1 large carrot
- 1/4 pound of green beans
- 3 large eggs
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 piece of shallot
- 2 stalks of green onion
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Cook first the rice. You can use long grain rice for more texture or shorter rice for a softer feel. Throw it in your rice cooker. If you don’t have a rice cooker, check out how to cook rice from scratch. The rice to water ratio up there should leave you with stickier rice — perfect for frying.
- While that’s cooking, it’s time to prep the rest of the cast. Peel your carrot and then slice it into 1/2 inch discs. Then, cut these disks into 4 quarters. Do the same with the andouille sausage. Then, take the stems off your green beans and cut them into 1/2 inch segments. Slice your onion into about 1/2 inch pieces too. Cut the green onions into thin slices. Add the eggs in a bowl and beat them as if you’re about to scramble them. Finally, chop your garlic and shallots into fine pieces.
- Now that the prep work is done, it’s time to get to cooking! Heat some olive oil on a large, flat pan and warm it up over medium-high heat. Throw the garlic, shallot and green onions into the oil and let it cook for 2 minutes. It should smell delicious!
- Next, throw the carrots and green beans into the mix. Pour 3 to 4 tablespoons of water into the pan and cover it. Let the mix steam (covered) until the water is gone.
- When that’s ready, pour the mix into a bowl. Pour some more olive oil into the pan and start cooking the sausage on medium-high. Let it cook for about 5 to 6 minutes and pour it into the vegetable bowl. Now, you need to cook your eggs. Treat them the same as if you were scrambling them. Pour the finished product into the bowl.
- Your rice should be ready by now. Hit the pan with more olive oil and fill the pan with rice. Let it heat up a bit (it should help dry it out). Pour soy sauce onto the rice. You don’t want to go crazy with it, but you want to make sure the rice is pretty brown all over. Stir the rice around to distribute the soy sauce evenly. Let it heat for 1 minute or so. Then, pour all the other ingredients on top of the rice and mix it up.