Most of my recipes are quick and easy, but these Easy and Hearty Turkey Burgers seriously take 5 minutes to put together, and in 15 minutes, you have a great tasting protein to go with your salad, roasted veggies or sandwich. These Easy and Hearty Turkey Burgers do taste better if you let them marinate in the fridge for a few hours (or overnight) before cooking, but if you are short on time, rest assured they will do the trick.
I stripped them down to the essentials. I don’t add any breadcrumbs or eggs to my recipe. I make this recipe over and over again, and it never fails. Just make sure you don’t overcook them because they will dry up fast – 4 minutes on each side is plenty in my little Panini grill, but you can always cut them in half and find out for yourself. If you don’t have a grill, you can bake these too (20 minutes on 350 convection).
I would use fresh ground turkey and herbs if you have them on hand, but if you don’t, the dried variety does a pretty good job of adding a nice flavor.
Easy and Hearty Turkey Burgers (Gluten-Free and Eggless)
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK) - low sugar, organic
- 2-3 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1-2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- ½ tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 pinch chili flakes (chilli flakes in British English)
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese - grated, add more when needed
- Mix all the ingredients together but the meat.
- Add the meat and mix thoroughly so that all spices and herbs are well incorporated.
- Grill 3-5 mins on each side (depending on the grill). Bake for 20 minutes at 350°F (convection).
- Serve and enjoy!