I am a big fan of Chinese food, and I love to try new dishes. I tried this “Chicken Fried Rice” recipe, which is very easy to make. This is a recipe to be added to your cookbook. The main tip for preparing Chinese dishes is that they are always prepared at very high heat. The vegetables should be crisp and colourful.
Scrumptious Chicken Fried Rice
This chicken fried rice is a must-try. This delicious fried rice will satisfy your cravings for an Asian side dish.
- 3 cups rice - soak them for 15 to 30 minutes in water and then drain
- 1 cup ground chicken (minced chicken) - boiled
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup green onions (scallions or green shallots) - julienned
- 1 cup cabbage - julienned
- 1 cup carrots - julienned
- 6 small green chilis (green chilli in British English) - julienned
- 2 ½ tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Boil 2 litres of water with 3 teaspoons of salt.
- Add the drained rice into the boiling water and boil till the rice becomes tender. Drain them and keep them aside.
- Take some oil in a pan. Add green chillies saute them.
- Add chicken to it and fry for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add half of the green onions to it. Fry for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add carrots and soy sauce and fry at high heat for about 3 to 4 minutes until the carrots get tender.
- Add cabbage in it now. Fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Now add chicken powder and black peppers.
- Add boiled rice to it and heat for 3 to 4 minutes.
- The rice is ready now.
Calories: 1541kcalCarbohydrates: 246gProtein: 44gFat: 40gSaturated Fat: 7gPolyunsaturated Fat: 6gMonounsaturated Fat: 25gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 97mgSodium: 1848mgPotassium: 1387mgFiber: 13gSugar: 11gVitamin A: 11296IUVitamin C: 42mgCalcium: 190mgIron: 6mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!