Everyone should know how to “Fry Rice.” Here, we show you one of the ways we make authentic Chinese Fried Rice. We share a simple formula that will have you adapting this recipe to anything you have in your fridge!
When I think of basic Chinese cooking, I have to start with fried rice. Authentic Chinese Fried Rice is always popular and present at gatherings, and if you use leftovers, this can be whipped up in a matter of minutes. I have been teaching how to make fried rice since I was in university.
This recipe I share is one that I have grown up eating. It’s the classic version that comes from soy and oyster sauce. I use ground pork and peas here, but you can use any mildly seasoned leftover meat, leftover vegetables, and day-old leftover rice.
Authentic Chinese Fried Rice RecipePrint Recipe
- 3 cups of leftover rice
- 1 cup of pork mince
- 1 cup of cooked green peas
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 green onion
- 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon of oyster sauce
- 1 1/2 tablespoons of oil
- 2 tablespoons of dried shrimps (optional)
- In a wok or pan, heat 1/2 tablespoon of oil and add the lightly beaten egg. Scramble the egg until it is almost fully cooked and set it aside.
- In the same wok or pan, heat the remaining oil on high heat and add the pork and dried shrimps and stir fry for a minute.
- Add the rice and use a spatula to help separate some of the rice granules as you stir fry for about 2 minutes or until the rice is thoroughly warmed.
- Add the soy and oyster sauce and stir fry for another minute.
- Add the peas and the cooked egg and stir fry until well combined.
- Garnish with green onion, and enjoy.