Who doesn’t enjoy a bowl of cheesy pasta covered in bacon? Or, as I like to call it, Spaghetti Carbonara.
The essential thing to remember for this recipe is it’s about working with what you have. For example, I can’t afford to buy garlic every time as it goes out of date, so it is better value for money to get a garlic grinder seasoning.
Filling Pork Spaghetti Carbonara
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 pound ground pork (minced pork)
- 30 grams butter
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 100 grams Parmesan cheese - grated
- 150 ml milk
- 40 grams flour
- 300 grams spaghetti
- ½ handful spinach
- Put the spaghetti onto boil in a separate pot. This only takes a few minutes, so turn the heat down and leave to simmer when soft.
- Ensure you are using a decent-sized pot for this, as the pasta will be added in later. Pour in the milk and add the butter. Stir together and once the butter is all melted in, add the grated cheese. Mix these all together, and then add a twist of salt, pepper and garlic.
- Cut the bacon into tiny chunks and fry until brown and crispy. Brown the pork as well. Once both are cooked, add them into the white cheese sauce and mix them.
- Mix in with the cheese sauce. I tend to add in the spinach at this point as for a very cheesy meal; it’s good to get some healthy greens in.
- Living on your own opens the world up to cooking, and sometimes it’s good not to follow the rules; it turns out that’s my best way of cooking!