When I said it was a casserole, our daughter got a horrified look and said, ‘what is a casserole!’ I guess that tells you casseroles aren’t the ‘norm’ in our house, but she loved it and asked to take it in her lunch the next day!
Healthy Gluten-Free Turkey Taco Casserole
Turkey Casserole Ingredients
- 1 pound ground turkey (minced turkey)
- 1 teaspoon Canola oil
- 5 ounces tomato paste
- 14 ounces corn - drained
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (chilli powder in British English)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese - shredded
Bisquick Biscuits Ingredients
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 medium eggs - beaten with a fork
Turkey Casserole Instructions
- Put oil in a frypan and brown your ground turkey until it is cooked. Add the seasonings, can of tomato sauce, tomato paste, water, corn, and beans. Stir until heated through; keep on low until you have biscuits ready.
Bisquick Biscuits Instructions
- Rub the margarine with your hands into the mix until crumbly. Use a spoon to mix in milk and eggs. Spoon your biscuit batter evenly on the bottom of a greased casserole dish.
- Evenly pour the turkey mixture over the biscuits. Bake in a 350-degree Fahrenheit oven for about 25 minutes, or until you are sure the biscuits are cooked–use a toothpick to ensure they are cooked.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the meat mixture and cook for 10 minutes to melt the cheese. Allow the casserole to sit for 5 minutes before you serve.
- Serve as is, or you can serve with sour cream and salsa.