I’m always trying out new recipes and forcing myself to be creative with food, so this ground pork broccoli slaw was perfect in that it turned out excellent and was a piece of cake to whip together. Check out the easy Asian recipe here.
Warm Ground Pork Broccoli SlawPrint Recipe
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 10 ounces of baby Bella mushrooms, chopped
- 1 kilogram of broccoli slaw
- 1 cup of sliced carrots
- 1/2 chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon of Thai basil
- 1 tablespoon of coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Begin by cooking up your ground beef. Once it is nearly cooked throughout, remove it from your skillet and place it to the side (if it isn’t completely cooked, that’s even better since you don’t want to dry it out).
- Prepare your veggies-cut your garlic, onion, carrots, and mushrooms.
- Using the same skillet as you cooked your pork take your coconut oil and sesame oil and saute your garlic. Once it has become fragrant, throw in your onion and the remaining veggies.
- Continue to saute everything for a few minutes, being sure to stir it all together.
- Next, add your aminos and Thai basil and toss in your ground pork again.
- Cook until your pork is entirely done or for about 5 more minutes allowing everything to incorporate and the flavours to fully mesh.
- Garnish with chopped green onion for added crunch and colour.
- I served this dish with paleo egg drop soup from an earlier post, and it was a delicious combo!