The other day, I was wondering what healthy dish to cook as I have lots of green beans at home. So, I decided to make this recipe for Stir-Fried Ground Pork and Greens. This Asian dish is easy to whip up and is loaded with healthy nutrients.
Stir-Fried Ground Pork and GreensPrint Recipe
- 2 tablespoons of coconut oil
- 1 pound of ground pork
- 2 pounds of green beans, chopped
- 10 ounces of baby spinach
- 3 tablespoons of tamari or soy sauce
- 1½ tablespoons of rice wine (Mirin) or sherry
- 3 teaspoons of toasted sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons of finely chopped scallions
- Heat a skillet until it’s hot. Swirl in the coconut oil, and when it is hot, add the pork and stir-fry for 3 to 4 minutes. Stir constantly to break up any lumps.
- Next, toss in the green beans and stir until incorporated. Then add the spinach in stages, allowing some to wilt before adding more so that it all fits in the pan.
- Pour your soy sauce, rice wine, and sesame oil and continue to stir-fry for another 3 minutes, until the meat is cooked through. Add in the scallions and give the mixture several good stirs.
- Serve on its own or over rice.