This Creamy Baked Pasta With Turkey, Parmesan and Bacon is a very simple dish, with simple flavours, nothing fancy, but it is very comforting and will warm you up. You can certainly add some veggies to this; I did not, as the boy would go nowhere near it if there were veggies. But I would have added peas, sun-dried tomatoes or artichoke hearts, do what you like. Or you could clap some vegetables on the side like I did and hope that they’ll get eaten.
Creamy Baked Pasta With Turkey, Parmesan and BaconPrint Recipe
- 16 ounces of medium shapes pasta
- 4 tablespoons of butter, melted
- ½ cup of half and half
- 1 cup of low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon of Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups of cooked minced turkey
- ½ pound of bacon, cooked until crisp, then chopped into bite-sized pieces
- ¾ cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- ¾ cup of panko bread crumbs
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, combine the pasta, half and half, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, pepper, lemon zest, turkey, bacon and ½ cup of Parmesan.
- Mix gently and set aside.
- Mix the remaining Parmesan, panko, and melted butter in a small bowl and set aside.
- Pour turkey mixture into a 9×9 pan lightly sprayed with cooking spray.
- Evenly top the turkey mixture with the panko mixture.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the top is golden brown.