Inspired by GOOP’s burgers, I whipped up these Thai Chicken Burgers on a Friday night for my kiddos, alongside my Thai Veggie Burgers for the hubby and me. The kids had just gotten fitted with their expanders from their orthodontist, so I wasn’t sure if they would eat much of anything, but these burgers were a big success!
These Thai Chicken Burgers are paired well with usual burger fare: oven fries and finger veggies, but I could also see making these into little meatballs and serving them with a stir-fry, some Healthy Fried Rice or Fava Brown Rice Salad.
Easy Thai Chicken Burgers
Awesome grilled on the BBQ or indoors on a grill pan, try these delicious, healthy, kid-approved, gluten-free Thai chicken burgers for dinner.
- 1 pound ground chicken (minced chicken) - thigh meat works best
- ½ cup yellow onion - finely minced
- 3 cloves garlic - finely minced
- 1 teaspoon ginger - minced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (coriander) - minced
- 2 tablespoons basil - minced
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon tamari - or coconut aminos
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl. Form into 4 burgers and place on a plate or tray.
- Place on hot BBQ or in a hot non-stick grill pan with a tablespoon of hot coconut oil evenly coating the pan.
- Cook for about 6 to 8 minutes per side or until golden brown and cook through.
Calories: 179kcalCarbohydrates: 4gProtein: 20gFat: 9gSaturated Fat: 3gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0.1gCholesterol: 98mgSodium: 305mgPotassium: 656mgFiber: 1gSugar: 1gVitamin A: 69IUVitamin C: 3mgCalcium: 21mgIron: 1mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!