There are hundreds of sweet and sour recipes around, our sweet and sour pork stir fry is an original recipe for a Thai sweet sour with juicy, fresh pineapple, crispy cucumber and baby corn. As this sweet and sour dish isn’t hot at all, it became pretty popular with Thailand travellers.
Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry Recipe
- 200 grams ground pork (minced pork)
- ½ medium pineapple - ripe, peeled and diced
- 1 medium onion - cut into eights
- ½ medium cucumber - peeled, core removed and sliced or diced
- 2 cloves garlic - chopped
- 2 sprigs spring onions - cut into 1 – 2 centimetre pieces
- 1 medium tomato - cut into eights
- 100 ml beef stock (beef broth or beef bouillon)
- 4 tablespoons ketchup (tomato sauce Australia and UK)
- 3 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 1 medium red chili (red chilli in British English) - in fine stripes to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok and fry pork and garlic for about 3 to 5 minutes. Deglaze with pineapple juice and broth and let the liquid reduce.
- Add onion, baby corn and cucumber and let it simmer for another 3 minutes, then add tomato ketchup and stir well.
- Add pineapple, tomato and spring onions and season with salt, sugar, black pepper, vinegar and MSG umami.
- Let it simmer until the vegetables get the bite you like, and serve the sweet and sour pork stir fry with steamed Thai jasmine rice.