There are hundreds of sweet and sour recipes around, our sweet and sour pork stir fry is an original recipe for a Thai sweet sour with juicy, fresh pineapple, crispy cucumber and baby corn. As this sweet and sour dish isn’t hot at all, it became pretty popular with Thailand travellers.
Sweet and Sour Pork Stir Fry RecipePrint Recipe
- Oil to fry
- 200 grams of ground pork
- 1/2 fresh and fully ripe pineapple, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, cut into eights
- 1/2 cucumber, peeled, core removed and sliced or diced
- 1 handful of baby corn, halved
- 1-2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1-2 spring onions, cut into 1 – 2 centimetre pieces
- 1 tomato, cut into eights
- 50 ml of pineapple juice
- 100 ml of pork or beef broth
- 3-4 tablespoons of tomato ketchup
- 2-3 teaspoons of rice vinegar
- 1-2 teaspoons of sugar
- A dash of salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon of umami MSG
- 1 fresh, long, red chilli in fine stripes to garnish
- Heat oil in a wok and fry pork and garlic for about 3 to 5 minutes. Deglaze with pineapple juice and broth and let the liquid reduce.
- Add onion, baby corn and cucumber and let it simmer for another 3 minutes, then add tomato ketchup and stir well.
- Add pineapple, tomato and spring onions and season with salt, sugar, black pepper, vinegar and MSG umami.
- Let it simmer until the vegetables get the bite you like, and serve the sweet and sour pork stir fry with steamed Thai jasmine rice.