These Gently Spiced Chicken Kofte Kebabs are perfect for kids if you want to introduce them to spices. These kebabs are packed with flavours that are kid-friendly.
- 500 grams of chicken mince
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- ¾ cup of breadcrumbs
- ⅓ cup of finely chopped pistachio nuts or pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- A small handful of mint leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 tablespoon of ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon of fennel seed
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Juice of 1/2 lime
- In a mixing bowl, combine all the ingredients and mix thoroughly by hand.
- Form into 8 small balls. Spear each ball onto a BBQ stick and then flatten each way, forming a sausage shape.
- Heat the BBQ flat plate. Spray the kebabs well with oil on all sides.
- Cook for around 10 minutes, turning every few minutes to another side.
- Serve with extra lime.