These addictive Spicy Mince Kebabs (Pakistani Style Spiced Meatballs) are going up today due to popular demand. This ground beef recipe is super easy, and the kebabs are tender, juicy, can be made ahead, and they taste divine, so really, there’s nothing stopping you! I served them at home this weekend, and they were gone within the first ten minutes of dinner being served! I used a mortar and pestle to crush some ingredients, but you can use a food processor if you have one.
Authentic Spicy Mince Kebabs (Pakistani Style Spiced Meatballs)Print Recipe
- 1/2 kilo minced beef, washed and drained
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 full bulb garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 5-6 green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 small bunch of coriander, finely chopped
- A handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tomato, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon whole coriander seeds
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 3/4 cup millet flour or 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 day old slice of bread soaked in water – squeeze out excess water
1. Using a mortar and pestle, gently crush the coriander and cumin seeds.
2. Knead all the ingredients together, including the soaked bread and marinate for at least 2 hours.
3. Heat oil in a wok for shallow frying.
4. Shape the kebabs into equal meatball sized kebabs and deep fry until they turn a rich golden brown shade.
5. Serve with tomato sauce or tamarind chutney.
**Note: The kebab mixture can be made a couple of days ahead and may be stored in the fridge for up to 2-3 days.