These addictive Spicy Mince Kebabs (Pakistani Style Spiced Meatballs) are going up today due to popular demand. This ground beef recipe is super easy, and the kebabs are tender, juicy, can be made ahead, and they taste divine, so really, there’s nothing stopping you! I served them at home this weekend, and they were gone within the first ten minutes of dinner being served! I used a mortar and pestle to crush some ingredients, but you can use a food processor if you have one.
Authentic Spicy Mince Kebabs (Pakistani Style Spiced Meatballs)
- 1 pound ground beef (minced beef) - washed and drained
- 1 medium yellow onion - finely chopped
- 1 bulb garlic - peeled and finely chopped
- 6 medium green chilis (green chilli in British English) - finely chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro (coriander) - finely chopped
- 1 handful mint - finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato - finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt - to taste
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper - to taste
- 1 teaspoon coriander seeds - whole
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds - whole
- ¾ cup all purpose flour (plain flour Australia and UK) - or 1 cup wheat flour
- 1 slice bread - 1 day old slice of bread soaked in water – squeeze out excess water
- Using a mortar and pestle, gently crush the coriander and cumin seeds.
- Knead all the ingredients together, including the soaked bread and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- Heat oil in a wok for shallow frying.
- Shape the kebabs into equal meatball sized kebabs and deep fry until they turn a rich golden brown shade.
- Serve with tomato sauce or tamarind chutney.