Chicken parmesan meatballs sound good already, right? Top it with this creamy garlic sauce, and you’ve got a delicious and quick meal that you’ll love!
There are about a million unique ways you can make meatballs, but I have to say, adding some parmesan cheese to get them nice and salty is one of my favourites! But I am one of those people that do like her sauce too! I love to dip bread into sauces and pour it over whatever I can! So this is a 2-for-1 deal! I make these chicken parmesan meatballs a lot at my house, and pair it with whatever we want that day, potatoes, noodles, rice! So it’s a win-win for everyone!
Fragrant Chicken Parmesan Meatballs in Garlic Sauce
Chicken Parmesan Meatballs Ingredients
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan
- 1 medium onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley diced
- 1 medium egg
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper crushed
Garlic Sauce Ingredients
- 1 medium carrot grated
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons chicken broth
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch garlic salt
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a medium-sized bowl, add all of your chicken parmesan meatball ingredients. Mix!
- Now using your hands, form balls out of them, each about 1 tablespoon full.
- Place the chicken parmesan meatballs on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the meatballs in the oven for 15 to 25 minutes until the bottoms of the meatballs are golden, and the inside is no longer pink.
- While your meatballs are baking, let’s get going on the sauce!
- Add 1 tablespoon of oil to a pan, and cook your diced onion until starting to get translucent. Then add your grated carrot. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Add pressed garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add 1 1/2 teaspoons of chicken broth and stir until fully incorporated.
- Add flour and cook for 1 minute. Slowly add your heavy whipping cream, constantly whisking so you don’t get flour lumps.
- Add your water, also whisking constantly. Let this simmer for about 5 minutes. If your garlic sauce isn’t salty enough, you can add some garlic salt and salt to taste.
- Once your meatballs are cooked, add them to your garlic sauce, coat them evenly and enjoy with some noodles, potatoes or rice!