Tacos don’t have to be a cheat meal! These Diet-Friendly Chicken and Slaw Tacos are under 100 calories each, and they are loaded with full flavour. As a taco-lover, I have played around with different ways to enjoy as many tacos as possible while still sticking to my health goals, and I think I have finally perfected my high-volume, low-calorie taco recipe! Check it out!
Diet-Friendly Chicken and Slaw TacosPrint Recipe
- 3 ounces of fat-free chicken breast tenderloins, minced
- 125 grams of broccoli slaw
- 3 tortillas
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 3 corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons of Verde salsa
- Spice blend: fajita seasoning, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons of vegetable broth
- Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the minced chicken breasts with 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice and seasonings in a bowl. Spread the chicken mince on a baking sheet covered in aluminium foil and sprayed with pam, and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken starts to turn a light golden brown colour.
- While your chicken is baking, prepare your slaw. In a small-medium pot, set your stovetop to medium heat, and add in your broccoli slaw, 1 tablespoon of lime, vegetable broth, and a generous amount of seasoning. Mix everything until the slaw is evenly coated, then turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- I like to microwave my tortillas in a tortilla warmer for 30 seconds. I plate the tacos by laying out the tortillas, adding the slaw, then the chicken, and topping with a bit of extra lime juice, salsa verde, and cilantro. Enjoy!