These Ketjap Chicken Tacos are an excellent Indonesian dish to try when you want to try the yummy cuisine.
Ketjap is an Indonesian soy sauce. You can replace ketjap asin by using regular soy sauce. Ketjap manis can be replaced by any sweet type of soy sauce or can be substituted by adding some brown sugar to traditional soy sauce.
Ketjap Chicken TacosPrint Recipe
- 4 boneless chicken breast, minced
- ¼ cabbage
- 1 big carrot
- 1 ½ tablespoon of yoghurt
- ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise
- A splash of lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of ketjap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- ½ tablespoon of ketjap asin (salt soy sauce)
- 6 corn tortillas
- Pickled onions (optional)
- Fresh cilantro leaves
- Bake the chicken in a drizzle of oil. Once cooked, set it aside and let it cool down a bit. Meanwhile, make the coleslaw. Cut the cabbage into thin slices. Peel and grate the carrot. Combine to mix the yoghurt, mayonnaise and lemon juice in a bowl and stir in the cabbage and carrot.
- Add the ketjap manis and asin into the chicken. Stir everything together and bake it for 1 to 2 minutes to warm it through. Heat up the tortillas.
- Serve each tortilla with some coleslaw, chicken and pickled onions. Sprinkle over some cilantro to taste.