These pork street tacos are the answer to all your dinner woes, and the best part is they are made in the slow cooker. Pork really is the other excellent white meat, and these pork street tacos prove it. Easy, filling, and full of flavour, these street tacos are authentic Mexican.
Pork Street TacosPrint Recipe
- 10 ounces of pork shoulder roast, chopped and minced
- 20 street taco size white corn tortillas or 10 regular taco size white corn tortillas warmed in the microwave until flexible
- 1/2 cup of white onion, minced
- 1/2 cup of cilantro, minced
- 1 cup of prepared basmati or short grain rice
- 1 cup taco sauce or salsa
- 1 cup of queso fresco or shredded Mexican cheese blend (optional)
- Other suggested toppings: avocado, sour cream, chopped tomatoes, guacamole, jalapenos, or lime wedges
- Prepare rice according to package directions.
- Roughly chop pork from the previously prepared roast. Transfer to a microwave-safe container and cover, microwave on high 2 to 3 minutes until hot. You can also warm the pork in a skillet if you like it to have that slightly crispy texture.
- Prepare desired toppings.
- Before serving, warm tortillas in a covered, microwave-safe container for about one minute, flipping the stack halfway through. I prefer using round, flat-bottomed Tupperware for this.
- Build your tacos table side and enjoy!