Tacos don’t have to be a cheat meal! These Diet-Friendly Chicken and Slaw Tacos are under 100 calories each, and they are loaded with full flavour. As a taco-lover, I have played around with different ways to enjoy as many tacos as possible while still sticking to my health goals, and I think I have finally perfected my high-volume, low-calorie taco recipe! Check it out!
Diet-Friendly Chicken and Slaw Tacos
These diet-friendly chicken and slaw tacos are the perfect easy snack to have when you are on a diet.
- 3 ounces ground chicken (minced chicken) - fat-free
- 3 medium tortillas
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 3 medium corn tortillas
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon cilantro (coriander)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons vegetable stock (vegetable broth or vegetable bouillon)
- Set your oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Toss the minced chicken breasts with 1/2 tablespoon of lime juice and seasonings in a bowl. Spread the chicken mince on a baking sheet covered in aluminium foil and sprayed with pam, and cook for about 10 to 12 minutes until the chicken starts to turn a light golden brown colour.
- While your chicken is baking, prepare your slaw. In a small-medium pot, set your stovetop to medium heat, and add in your broccoli slaw, 1 tablespoon of lime, vegetable broth, and a generous amount of seasoning. Mix everything until the slaw is evenly coated, then turn the heat to medium-low, cover, and allow to cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until soft.
- I like to microwave my tortillas in a tortilla warmer for 30 seconds. I plate the tacos by laying out the tortillas, adding the slaw, then the chicken, and topping with a bit of extra lime juice, salsa verde, and cilantro. Enjoy!
- Tags: Diet
Calories: 223kcalCarbohydrates: 32gProtein: 11gFat: 6gSaturated Fat: 2gPolyunsaturated Fat: 2gMonounsaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0.02gCholesterol: 24mgSodium: 1148mgPotassium: 448mgFiber: 4gSugar: 2gVitamin A: 334IUVitamin C: 43mgCalcium: 121mgIron: 3mg
How did this recipe turn out for you?We’re eager to hear your thoughts!